Salzburg Convention Bureau
Salzburg offers a perfect framework for the congress and meeting industries; both due to the immense cultural interest provided by the city of Salzburg, and the natural infrastructure offered by the Salzburg region with its many mountains and lakes. The Salzkammergut region and the adventure playground known as `The Alps‘ begin just outside the city limits.
During the summer months Salzburg is transformed into a gigantic openair stage, and that`s not just because of the world famous festival! A stroll through the city of Salzburg is like a journey back in time. Those wishing to see even more can visit the roof of the city in the fortress of the Hohensalzburgs to count the church towers and the summits of the surrounding mountains.
Admittedly, there are many cities that claim to be musical. We really are! But that‘ s not all. Even if we disregard Mozart and all the other old masters, there are great jazz festivals in the city of Salzburg and Saalfelden.
Those seeking to escape the heat can flee to the countryside. Dive into crystal clear lakes or recharge your mental batteries on lofty mountain peaks. Nothing is impossible when Salzburg celebrates its summer. For fans of alpine ‚Volksmusik‘ there are countless traditional groups playing at the many city, town and village fairs held in the region. Then of course there`s the Trapp family and the legendary ‚Sound of Music`, the sound track to which can still be heard all around the lanes oft he city and the entire Salzkammergut region.
Those who visit Salzburg in the wintertime experience as many magic moments. Horse-drawn sleighs, punch stalls and all the parks and squares of the city covered in powdery snow- absolutley fantastic. On those quiet days there are the joys of retreating to one of the legendary coffee houses or a stroll down the brightly lit lanes of the old town.
For those who want tob e active, the SalzburgerLand offers many skiing resorts. 1700 skiing slopes and 570 lifts in 22 ski regions- this is Salzburg in winter.
Salzburg Convention Bureau: ‘No such thing as can’ t do’
The Salzburg Convention Bureau is the central marketing platform for all matters concerning meetings, incentives, congresses and events in the city and surrounding province of Salzburg. The members of the Salzburg Convention Bureau offer the best locations and infrastructure for any occasion – from small business meetings to large international events.
The unique combination of culture, nature and tradition provides a unique setting for any organizer and promises to be an unforgettable experience for participants.
Our – naturally free of charge – services include:
- support in the preparation of your event in city or province of Salzburg
- detailed information on Salzburg's large variety of attractions and sights
- advice on the selection of the suitable location
- suggestions on the right timing and placing
- assistance in establishing the right contacts with partner companies and in inviting offers
- advise on organisation and programming in co-operation with professional congress organizers and travel agencies
- personal support during your site inspection to city and province of Salzburg
- promotion of your event in Salzburg's calendar of events
- free of charge information material on the city and province of Salzburg for all of your congress/event participants
- information and assistance on applications for congress subventions
We are at your service:
Salzburg Convention Bureau
Auerspergstraße 6, A-5020 Salzburg
T 0043 (0) 662 88 987 271
F 0043 (0) 662 88 987 535